Dear Ubley resident
Revitalising ‘Ubley Cares’
As the Covid Pandemic took hold early in 2020, Ubley set up a support network to find help for anyone in need across the village.
Many of us probably thought that we would be through these difficult times by now. Sadly, this isn’t the case. As we go through Autumn and head into this Winter there are several big concerns ahead:
- Covid most definitely hasn’t gone away and will likely spike again
- We now have a new cost of living crisis and huge energy bills
- Food and other supplies are going up in price and the uncertainty in the economy makes it difficult to budget
- The NHS continues to be under pressure and short of staff. With the usual winter ailments on top of Covid we could well see it in crisis again in the coming months
- Whilst we live in a lovely place our lack of local services makes life difficult without one’s own transport.
When Ubley Cares was first set up, the two volunteer coordinators, Jonathan and Wesley, had a tremendous response from residents who wanted to help. They built a long list of volunteers with a wide range of skills and experience.
Whilst this network hasn’t gone away, we feel now is the time to reactivate it. If you don’t think you were on the original list of volunteer helpers please get in touch with us. If you or a friend or neighbour could be needing help in the coming months let us know. If you are doing this on someone else’s behalf please get their permission of course.
Help, and the offers of providing help, can be arranged with Jonathan and Phil:
Jonathan Longhurst Tel: 01761 462827
Phil Collins Tel: 07973 660865