A brief history
Ubley Village School was founded by members of the local church congregation in 1876. Originally, it was a one roomed building constructed of local Mendip stone and costing £314 to build. Twenty pupils were in attendance on the first day which ended at 3 o’clock with a grand celebration, led by the Brislington band, attended by approximately 600 people!
The school today
In addition to the original Victorian building the accommodation comprises of three further classrooms, a mezzanine floor and school offices. The School has attractive grounds including a recently landscaped garden and additional play area. It benefits from the use of the village Glebe field and the Village Hall for physical education and recreation.
The School is proud of the many opportunities on offer to the pupils. It provides an exciting, stimulating, well resourced curriculum with many extra-curricular opportunities and has dedicated, enthusiastic staff and school governors, and a supportive Parent Teacher Association.
To visit the School website please go to: https://www.ubley.bathnes.sch.uk/