Minutes Ubley Parish Council 1st Nov 2018

Draft Minutes of the meeting of Ubley Parish Council held on Thursday, 1st November 2018

 

 

Present: Councillors: Hallam (Chairman), Collins (Vice-chairman), Cole, Haley, Smart and Thompson.

Clerk: Mrs H. Collins 

 

 

 

  1. To receive and accept apologies for absence

        Apologies: Councillor Moore.  Received and accepted.  

                            

 

2)    To receive declaration of interest in the agenda

  None reported.

 

 

 

 

  1. Open session to receive comments from the public

No members of the public were present at the meeting. However, an email had been received asking if we would put information about the “Santa Run”, which is done by the Chew Valley Rugby Club, on the parish website.

 

 

Cllr Thompson to forward the email so that details can be put on the website

  1. To approve and sign the minutes of the previous meeting held on 4th October and go through the follow-up actions.

The Minutes and the Financial Statement attached to it were approved and signed. An amendment was requested by Cllr Haley to clarify Section 16 and this was done. The actions from those Minutes were gone through to ensure that they had been done or were in the process of being done. 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

  1. Clerk’s report/correspondence: To discuss and approve further actions where needed:
  1. Support for older/vulnerable people within the Parish

There was a discussion about using existing systems such as the Neighbourhood Watch Scheme and the website. The latter could have additional pages such as “Health and Wellbeing”. Also, the booklet that used to be given to all new residents could be re-instated.

 

 

 

 

  1. Filling in of watercourse/highway ditch

A letter had been received from B&NES regarding the filling in of a watercourse by The Sidelings. This matter has now been resolved.

 

 

  1. Good Councillor training

The Parish Council agreed funding for one Councillor to attend this training.

 

 

 

 

This issue to be explored further

 

The Clerk to contact Denise Perrin re the Ubley Village Agent

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

The Clerk to inform Cllr Moore of this decision and to contact ALCA re this training

 

  1.  To receive an update on Highways issues, speed limits and signposts

 

  1. Update on speed limits

There has still been no response from B&NES. 

In the meantime, the Chairman has written to Jacob Rees-Mogg about this issue and he in turn has contacted Mandy Bishop, of B&NES, on our behalf.

 

 

  1. Update on kissing gates

The work on the kissing gates is now complete. The Parish Council is very grateful for the help received from Sheila Petherbridge in B&NES and the Mendip Group of the Ramblers Association. The Chairman has thanked Sheila at B&NES and The Ramblers for their excellent work. The Chairman will now contact the Dog Warden, so that dog fouling notices can be put on the gates.

 

 

  1. Bins for the lay-bys

The Clerk has emailed Martin Hellyer from B&NES but he is away until 5thNovember 

 

 

  1. Stream under The Street

The large stones which used to edge the stream opposite the school had fallen in and these have now been replaced with concrete blocks. Unfortunately, the old stones were unable to be reclaimed but we are assured that the new blocks will weather. 

 

 

 

 

 

 

The Vice-chairman to contact the B&NES Cabinet Member for Transport again

 

 

The Chairman to contact the Dog Warden

 

 

 

 

 

 

The Clerk to continue working on this project

 

 

 

 

  1. To receive an update from the Police/Neighbourhood Watch

There was no report from the Police. 

 

Telephone scams are happening in our area with fraudsters pretending to be from the police or tax office.

Vans continue to be a target for thieves.

 

 

 

 

This information to be included in the Short Report

  1. To receive an update from District Councillor Vic Pritchard

District Councillor Pritchard updated the Parish Council on the mid-term financial strategy and the amount of savings that B&NES has to make. The Green Paper is awaited re Adult Social care.

There was a discussion around the Clean Air Zone proposed for Bath.

 

 

The Clerk to publish information about the Clean Air consultation on the noticeboards and send to the website

 

  1. Trustee Status. To receive an update

Cllr Moore has received a box of papers from Steve Blanchard and will look through them in time for the December meeting.

 

 

Cllr Moore to update the Parish Council at the December meeting

  1.  Projects.
    1. Grass cutting. To receive an update from the working group.

Mark Hodder from Axbridge has done a cut on the Churchyard. The working group met last Friday. They have a list of all the areas that need cutting. They are awaiting one more quote.

 

 

    1. Playground. To receive an update.

The group have had their second meeting and have two more members. A funding group has been set up as there will be capital spend and ongoing maintenance costs. It was suggested that options for small, medium and large playgrounds be produced and that details of similar local projects be looked at.

 

The PCC have been approached and will discuss support for a playground on the Glebe Field at their next meeting on 12th November.

It was noted that there are only 5 more years to run on the lease of the Glebe Field.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

  1.  Finances
    1. Financial statement 

No financial statement was produced this month, as the Bank Statement had not yet been received and there was only one cheque to be signed.

 

    1. To confirm payments and signing of cheques 

The payment of the single cheque was agreed, and it was signed immediately after the meeting. This was for £80.00 made payable to Wesley Hallam for plants for the Cross and the Parish Hall tubs.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

  1. Defibrillator: To receive an update  

Cllr Moore has now taken over monitoring of the Defibrillator.

 

 

13)  Planning

  1. To receive updates on The Village Plan/Place-making Plan/CVNP

Cllr Smart is now the representative for CVNP and has been in touch with the steering group.

  1. Other planning:
    1. To discuss and decide a response to application:

18/04781/TCA   Stonefields, The Street,Ubley

There was unanimous agreement that the Council had no objection to this application.

 

  1. PCAA. To receive an update.

The PCAA have submitted a full-scale response to North Somerset’s Local Plan. The plans for the extension of the airport are not in alignment with the Local Plan.

 

  1. Gigaclear/ Truespeed. To receive an update.

Work from Truespeed is continuing up The Sidelings. The poles have been erected but the cables are not yet in place. The next piece of work in the village is between Yew Tree Cottage and Rock Cottage.

 

The teams on site have been helpful but communication from the company re work going forward has been very poor.  It is hoped that the cabinet that has been installed at Innicks Close will be screened.

 

There is ongoing liaison between Truespeed and the Parish Council re the plan for running the fibre from Ubley to Blagdon. It is hoped that this will be done underground. 

 

It is understood that nothing will be done by Gigaclear in Ubley until the Community Manager has met with the Parish Council.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

  1. Sweeper - To discuss and decide the way forward in light of changes to the sweeper scheme.

An email has been received today from Sara Dixon following the telephone call to her. This indicates that Paul Myers from B&NES may be able to be flexible on the hours worked by the sweeper during the transition scheme.

 

 

 

The Chairman to send a draft letter to the Councillors before sending it to Paul Myers

  1. To receive an update on the Parish Hall
  1. To further discuss insurance for events taking place in the Amenity Area.

Cllr Haley has received insurance information from Andy Charter of the Parish Hall Committee and will look through it. The next Parish Hall Committee meeting is next week.

 

 

  1.  To receive reports from Councillors who have attended meetings or training sessions:

ALCA AGM – 6/10/2018   -The Clerk 

Presentations were given by the Conservation Volunteers and the Bristol Youth Council. 

 Also, the Chief Officer of Dorset Association of Parish & Town Councils talked about “Working in partnership with NHS Dorset Clinical Commissioning Group”. 

There are 121 member councils of ALCA. The subscription to ALCA will have to be increased in the next financial year.

 

Parish Liaison meeting – 24/10/2018 – The Chairman and the Clerk

There had been a presentation about the Clean Air Zone in Bath. The Parish Council agreed that though they would respond to the consultation as individuals, they would also wish to respond as a Parish Council. However, the online response form does not facilitate the kind of response that they would like to make.

 

Purdah rules and election costs were discussed. There will be no charges for the May 2019 Parish Council election but there would in future be charges for By-elections.

 

A presentation was given by Gigaclear which will come out with the minutes. Other issues discussed were Rural Transport, CIL, CEF and the Parish Charter.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Parish Council feedback to be sent to Bob Goodman and Mark Shelford.

17)  To confirm the date of the next meetings

The next meeting will be held on Thursday 6th December 2018, starting at 7:30pm.

 

             Chairman: Wesley Hallam Tel: 01761 463509

Clerk: Mrs Hilary Collins Tel: 01761 462294

Email: This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.