Minutes Ubley Parish Council 6th Sept 2018

Draft Minutes of the meeting of Ubley Parish Council held on Thursday, 6th September 2018

 

 

Present: Councillors: Hallam (Chairman), Collins (Vice-chairman), Haley, Moore, Smart and Thompson.

Clerk: Mrs H. Collins 

 

 

 

  1. To receive and accept apologies for absence

        Apologies: Councillor Cole.  Received and accepted.  

                            

 

2)    To receive declaration of interest in the agenda

  None reported.

 

 

 

 

  1. Open session to receive comments from the public

One parishioners attended the meeting.

 

The Chairman had been approached by a parishioner about difficulties caused by parking opposite the Old Methodist Church, which narrows the road such that the School Bus cannot get down the Street.

Various options were discussed.

 

 

 

The Chairman will liaise with the parishioner and visit the site

  1. To approve and sign the minutes of the previous meeting held on 5th July and go through the follow-up actions.

The Minutes and the Financial Statement attached to it were approved and signed. The actions from those Minutes were gone through to ensure that they had been done or were in the process of being done. 

 

The information about the Conservation volunteers to be put out on file.

The Chairman to speak to the landowner about the Japanese Knotweed near the bus stop on the A368.

 

 

It is proving difficult to find bell ringers for Remembrance Sunday.

 

 

 

 

 

The Chairman has spoken to the landowner about the hedge on Tuckers Lane. The Clerk reported that B&NES have changed their cutting schedule and some verges may only be cut once a year.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

The Chairman to speak to the landowner re Japanese Knotweed

 

 

The Chairman will talk to John Longhurst, and a request for ringers to be out into the Short Report

 

The Chairman to send a letter to the landowner and to bring up this issue at the next Parish Liaison Meeting

  1. Confirmation of progression to co-option to fill the Casual Vacancy 

The Parish Council are very happy to welcome Matthew Smart as the newly co-opted Parish Councillor. The Declaration of Acceptance of Office and the Declaration of Interest forms have been signed.

 

The Clerk to compose a table of the Interests of the Parish Councillors and send it to Cllr Haley to include on the website

 

  1. Clerk’s report/correspondence: To discuss and approve further actions where needed:

The correspondence received is covered in the following sections of the minutes.

 

The Clerk reminded Councillors that there is an AGM of the West of England Rural Network (WERN) on the 18th September.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

  1. To receive an update on Highways issues, speed limits and signposts

The Chairman reported that work requested to repair/replace the bollards at the top of Snatch Lane and on the tarmac just outside the entrance to the church had been completed.

 

  1. Update on drainage works

Nothing to report.

 

  1. Update on speed limits

There has still been no response from B&NES. 

 

 

 

 

  1. Update on kissing gates

The extra kissing gate on Tuckers Lane has now been put in. Further work will be done on the steps to make them more level.

 

  1. Bins for the lay-bys.

A note had been received from Council Connect acknowledging the Clerk’s email regarding bins for the lay-bys on the A368. This issue has also been logged by “Fixmystreet”. The Clerk is awaiting a response to her emails.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Cllr Collins to contact District Cllr Mark Shelford If no response is forth-coming

 

 

 

 

 

 

The Clerk to continue to liaise with B&NES

 

 

 

  1. To receive an update from the Police/Neighbourhood Watch

There was no report from the Police. 

 

Cllr Thompson reported that there have been break-ins in Chew Stoke and that men have been posing as workers from Wessex Water, saying that drains are blocked and looking for entry into houses.

 

 

 

 

The Clerk to put this information into the Short Report

  1. To receive an update from District Councillor Vic Pritchard

B&NES are cracking down on “environmental crime.” Littering, dog-fouling and fly-tipping are being targeted. Fines of £150 will be issued for littering with a reduction of £50 for prompt payment. This will be run by an enforcement agency for one year as a pilot scheme with a review in 6 months. A similar scheme has been run successfully in Bristol.

 

 

 

 

 

The Clerk to put this information into the Short Report

  1. Trustee Status. To receive an update.

The Clerk reported that she had received a reply from Thatcher and Hallam saying that they had deeds regarding the leasing of the Glebe Field and also regarding a plot of land on The Street. They did not have any documents regarding the Parish Hall, Amenity Area or car park.

 

Cllr Moore has spoken to Steve Blanchard (Chair of the Parish Hall Committee) and they will be meeting up again to continue work on this subject.

 

 

The Clerk to ascertain the exact location of the plot of land on the Street

 

Cllr Moore to liaise with Steve Blanchard

  1. Finances
    1. Financial statement 

The Financial statement was shared with the Council.

 

    1. To confirm payments and signing of cheques (see Financial statement)

The payment of cheques was agreed, and they will be signed immediately after the meeting.

 

    1. Grass cutting. To discuss figures and quotes especially in relation to the Glebe Field and decide a way forward to reduce costs

Grass cutting spending was examined and discussed. Extra space has been allocated for new burials in the churchyard and will require cutting.

 

 

 

 

 

A working group was set up to look at the grass cutting issue. This consists of Cllrs Collins and Haley and Hallam. 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

    1. To review the budget for this financial year

The budget spend to date was examined and discussed. It was agreed that this should be done on a quarterly basis from now on.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

The Chairman to discuss with the PCC whether the Parish Council is expected to fund this extra grass cutting

 

Initially, the Parish Online map to be used to highlight which areas of grass need cutting. The Chairman agreed to produce a list of the main areas to cut and frequency.

 

 

 

The Clerk to produce a more comprehensive document to aid budget discussions

  1. Defibrillator: To receive an update  

No report had been received. 

 

 

The Clerk to contact Lucy Holt for an update for the October meeting

13)  Planning

  1. To receive updates on The Village Plan/Place-making Plan/CVNP

There are no updates on the above to report. 

 

 

 

  1. Other planning:
  1. To ratify the Parish Council’s decision on the two applications below:

 

  • The Old Manor   18/03382/TCA  
  • Bell House   18/03308/FUL  

 

The decisions regarding the above applications were ratified. 

 

  1. To discuss and decide a response to application 18/03783/FUL. Lexington, Tuckers lane.

This application was discussed in detail. 

 

 

 

 

 

  1. Another application had been received but not in time to be put on the agenda.

 

 

  1. PCAA. To consider the Parish Council’s response to the Draft Noise Action Plan 2019 - 2024 consultation

Ubley Parish Council confirmed their support for the PCAA’s response to this plan. 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Cllrs Hallam and Collins to visit the neighbours of this property on Saturday morning. The Cllrs to be asked to comment on the response in the light of today’s discussions and the discussions with the neighbours

 

The Clerk to ask for an extension on this application to allow it to be discussed at the October Parish Council meeting

  1. Sweeper - To discuss and decide the way forward in light of changes to the sweeper scheme.

As yet there has been no confirmation from B&NES of the details of the transition scheme. Various options were discussed but cannot be progressed without the information from B&NES.

 

 

 

District Councillor Pritchard to ask re progress

 

This item to be including in on-going budget discussions

 

  1.   To receive an update on the Parish Hall

The next Committee meeting is next week and Cllr Haley will ask about the insurance question.

 

 

  1. To receive reports from Councillors who have attended meetings or training sessions:

Cllrs Moore and Hallam had attended the Chew Valley Forum on 23rd July. Cllr Moore reported back from this meeting, which focused largely on policing. 

 

 

 

 

 

Cllr Moore will contact B&NES about the “place of safety” in Ubley in regard to emergency planning

 

17) To confirm the date of the next meetings

The next meetings will be held on Thursdays 4th October and 1st November 2018, starting at 7:30pm.

 

             Chairman: Wesley Hallam Tel: 01761 463509

Clerk: Mrs Hilary Collins Tel: 01761 462294

Email: This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.