Strict Standards: Declaration of JCacheControllerPage::store() should be compatible with JCacheController::store($data, $id, $group = NULL) in /websites/123reg/LinuxPackage22/ub/le/yp/ubleyparish.co.uk/public_html/joomla/libraries/joomla/cache/controller/page.php on line 199

Deprecated: iconv_set_encoding(): Use of iconv.internal_encoding is deprecated in /websites/123reg/LinuxPackage22/ub/le/yp/ubleyparish.co.uk/public_html/joomla/libraries/joomla/string/string.php on line 28

Deprecated: iconv_set_encoding(): Use of iconv.input_encoding is deprecated in /websites/123reg/LinuxPackage22/ub/le/yp/ubleyparish.co.uk/public_html/joomla/libraries/joomla/string/string.php on line 29

Deprecated: iconv_set_encoding(): Use of iconv.output_encoding is deprecated in /websites/123reg/LinuxPackage22/ub/le/yp/ubleyparish.co.uk/public_html/joomla/libraries/joomla/string/string.php on line 30
UPC Minutes 8th Oct 2020

Strict Standards: Declaration of JCacheControllerView::get() should be compatible with JCacheController::get($id, $group = NULL) in /websites/123reg/LinuxPackage22/ub/le/yp/ubleyparish.co.uk/public_html/joomla/libraries/joomla/cache/controller/view.php on line 137

UPC Minutes 8th Oct 2020

 

DRAFT MINUTES OF THE “Virtual” MEETING OF UBLEY PARISH COUNCIL

held on Thursday 8th  October 2020

The Local Authorities and Police and Crime Panels (Coronavirus) (Flexibility of Local Authority and Police and Crime Panel Meetings) (England and Wales) Regulations 2020 (“the 2020 Regulations”) came into force on the 4 April 2020.

The 2020 Regulations enable Parish Councils to hold remote meetings (including by video and telephone conferencing for a specified period until May 2021).

 

 

 

ITEM

ACTION

Present

 

 

 

Councillors.W Hallam (in the Chair), P. Collins (Vice Chair)

A.Cole, C. Moore, J. Croot, M.Smart

District Councillor V. Pritchard

Clerk – Corinna Levack

 

 

 

 

1

To receive and accept apologies for absence

 

 

Cllr Y. Thompson;

 

 

 

 

2

To receive declarations of interest in the agenda

 

 

None received

 

 

 

 

3

Open session to receive comments from the public

 

 

Cllrs reported that residents had raised concerns about parking impeding the passage of utility and potentially emergency vehicles in the village.  This will go on next month’s agenda.

 

 

CL

 

 

 

4

To approve and sign the minutes of the previous meeting held on 10th September 2020 and go through the follow-up actions

 

 

The minutes were duly approved and signed.

 

 

Matters Arising :

Issues are covered in the main body of the agenda.  In addition

Cllr Hallam announced that he intends to resign from the position of Chairman of the Parish Council and run his last PC meeting in November 2020. 

 

 

 

 

5

Clerk’s report/correspondence: To discuss and approve further actions where needed:

 

a

Internal Matters

 

(i)

Email from Bath and NE Somerset Council (B&NES) regarding policy on badger culling.  It was proposed and seconded and unanimously agreed that Ubley Parish Council acknowledges B&NES position of opposition to culling on B&NES land but is not minded to take a position on this matter at the present time.  It will review the position if required in the future.

 

(ii)

Staff Contracts           

A meeting date for the Staff Committee will be offered in the next week and the staff contracts will be updated.

The Clerk will circulate a briefing on the recent national pay agreement for Clerk’s salaries

 

MS

 

 

CL

b

Correspondance

 

(i)

Speed Limits – see 9.v below

 

(ii)

CPRE – magazine

If anyone would like to see future editions, please contact the Clerk

 

(iii)

ALCA Fees

The Avon Local Councils Association are holding their AGM on 10.10.20.  They have warned members (including Ubley Parish Council) that to remain viable they are needing to look at charging a 30% increase in fees (proportionate to the size of the council).  After reviewing the details, it was proposed and seconded and unanimously agreed to indicate approval of the increase and thank ALCA for all the support they give local councils, which has been especially important during the pandemic.

 

CM

 

CL

(iv)

Memorial Bench in the Glebe Field

Councillors will make a site visit before the next meeting to look at a suitable site for the bench presented in memory of Bill and Trixie Guard. 

WH  PC

(v)

Enquiry regarding the wood by the Poor Field.

The resident has been informed that it belongs to Bristol Water

 

 

 

 

6

Finances

 

(a)

Banking and accounting Arrangements

It was proposed, seconded and unanimously agreed to ask the Clerk to initiate opening Parish Council accounts with Triodos bank and moving Parish Council bank accounts to that bank.  Cllrs Thompson and Moore were thanked for their work on the matter.

CL

(b)

Financial Statements

These were approved.  There were underspends in several budget areas which can cover unplanned expenses like purchasing a Zoom subscription.

Cllr Moore and the Clerk will be meeting 13th October to start the long and short term budgeting process.

 

CM

CL

(c)

Zoom Subscription

This was retrospectively approved by Council following informal agreement to proceed with this in order to run virtual meetings longer than 40 minutes

 

(d)

To Confirm Payments and the Signing of Cheques

These were approved.

 

 

 

 

7

Planning      

 

(i)

Updates

 

 

Planning Application 20/01408/VAR

This has gone before the B&NES Planning Committee

 

Planning Application 20/02911/TCA

B&NES – no objection

 

Planning Application 20/02903/FUL – Ubley Wood

This has been permitted by B&NES

 

(ii)

New Applications

(ii)

(a)

Planning Application 20/03540/FUL

The Council resolved unanimously to record “No objection”

 

 

 

 

8

To receive an update from the District Councillor

 

 

B&NES has unanimously supported the officer response to the recent White Paper on changes to planning rules.

While incidence of Covid infections has increased in B&NES the area is still among the areas with lower incidence.

 

 

 

 

9

Local Projects

 

i

The Website

No local volunteers have been identified for help with building a new website.  The benefits of a specialist one seem clear.  Further investigations will be made into both set up and running costs and will be shared with Council.

It was proposed, seconded and unanimously agreed to use the ALCA model for the new website accessibility rules.

 

 

PC

ii

Climate Emergency

There was agreement that the Council wants to look at ways of making a difference locally to the damage caused by climate change.

There was interest in finding out what is being proposed by an inter parish group meeting in Chew Valley.  That group is keen to recruit a councillor and a member of the public from Ubley.  Cllr Croot was thanked for his practical suggestions.

 

 

JC

iii

Improvement in the Access to the Glebe Field

Cllr Hallam proposed this is developed in two phases :

-Phase One – to be funded by the councillor’s discretionary fund grant, and to involve replacing the entrance gate with a vehicle and pedestrian friendly gate.  Approval is being sought from the Diocese who own the land

-Phase Two – the proposal is to seek funding from the district council’s 106 fund to improve the surface of the driveway to the field to enable access by wheelchairs, childrens’ buggies, and maintenance vehicles.  A site meeting is proposed with Sadie Cox. 

 

WH

PC

iv

CiL and Inter-Village funded projects

There is no legal precedent for multi village funded projects although two villages can get together to jointly fund a project beneficial to both.

 

 

v

Speed Limits

B&NES are doing a final consultation with relevant departments and stakeholders regarding the amended proposals for speed limits within the village and along the A368 near the village.  The works are likely to be funded by the 106 fund.

 

 

vi

Parish Councils Airport Association (PCAA)

Councillors have canvassed the views of a range of villagers regarding making a small donation towards the anticipated legal costs the association is facing. Of these, 35 supported the proposal and two were not in favour.  It was therefore proposed, seconded, and passed unanimously that a donation of £300 be made to PCAA.

 

 

CL

PC

 

 

 

12

To confirm the date of the next meeting :

 

 

 

A further Virtual Meeting to be held on Zoom.

Thursday 12th November 2020

 

[ And thereafter on Thursday 10th December 2020 ]

 

Joining details will be published with the Agenda by 6th   November and 4th December.  In the meantime, please contact the Clerk if you have any questions about attendance.