UPC Minutes 4th June 2020

 

MINUTES OF THE “Remote” MEETING OF UBLEY PARISH COUNCIL

held on Thursday 4th June 2020

The Local Authorities and Police and Crime Panels (Coronavirus) (Flexibility of Local Authority and Police and Crime Panel Meetings) (England and Wales) Regulations 2020 (“the 2020 Regulations”) came into force on the 4 April 2020.

The 2020 Regulations enable Parish Councils to hold remote meetings (including by video and telephone conferencing for a specified period until May 2021).

 

 

 

ITEM

ACTION

Present

 

 

 

Councillors C. Moore, W.Hallam (Chairman), P.Collins (Vice Chair), Y.Thompson, J.Croot

Clerk – Corinna Levack

District Councillor – Vic Pritchard

 

1

To receive and accept apologies for absence

 

 

Apologies for absence :– Cllrs Smart, Cole, District Cllr Warrington; and PC J. Beswetherick

 

2

To receive declarations of interest in the agenda

 

 

None received

 

3

Open session to receive comments from the public

 

 

None present

 

4

To approve and sign the minutes of the previous meeting held on 56h March 2020 and go through the follow-up actions

 

 

These were duly approved and signed.

Actions indicated on the minutes were deemed no longer relevant due to the interruption of the Covid-19 lockdown.

 

5

Clerk’s report/correspondence: To discuss and approve further actions where needed:

 

(a)

Local to Ubley

 

(i)

Annual Parish Meeting (Scheduled for 2.4.20 – cancelled due to pandemic lockdown measures)

The Council resolved to postpone this meeting until April 2021.  (The Council can change their minds and re-schedule it sooner if conditions allow)

 

(ii)

Annual Meeting of the Parish Council (Scheduled for 7.5.20 cancelled due to pandemic lockdown measures)

The government has ruled that this meeting does not have to be held until May 2021.

The Council resolved to postpone this meeting until May 2021  (The Council can change their minds and re-schedule it sooner if conditions allow.)

 

 

(b)

General Correspondence

 

(i)

Suspension of public transport including serving Ubley.

A parishioner has asked the council, to support her request that the bus service, suspended at the start of the lockdown, should be reinstated to facilitate people without private transport to get to work and obtain supplies.  It was noted that a weekly service is now running. Clrs Hallam and Pritchard have advised.

 

Clr Hallam will follow up

6

Finances

 

(a)

Financial Statement

Will be reviewed as there have been difficulties managing a new spreadsheet and late presentations of cheques.

CM and the Clerk to liaise

(b)

To confirm payments and the signing of cheques.

All agreed

WH will follow up an unpresented cheque

(c)

The Sweeper

New contract and leave entitlement to be finalised.

Return to work will be negotiated in line with unfolding government advice.

WH & MS;  Clerk

 

(d)

Draft Annual accounts

There was discussion of possible amendments to the processes – see 6f below

 

(e)

Certificate of Exemption

The following was proposed, seconded, and passed :

“Ubley Parish Council certifies that it is a “Smaller Authority”

(has an income under £25 000 last year) and authorises the Chairman to sign to certify that the Gross Income for 2019-20 was £15 490.41 and the gross annual expenditure was

£13 606.55”

 

(f)

Banking and accounting arrangements

Councillors resolved to have a trial meeting of the Council on the second Thursday of the month to try to ensure the Clerk has access to the latest bank statement well before the meeting.

 

Councillors further resolved to look into moving to online banking so that payments can be made by BACS and late presentations of cheques cease to be a difficulty as well as making the finances more visible to manage.

 

The Council further approved the moving of the management of their accounts to a spreadsheet to promote accuracy and transparency.

The Clerk requested the resumption of monthly councillor liaison regarding the accounts.

 

 

Clerk

 

 

 

 

YT

 

 

 

 

Clerk

7

Planning

 

(a)

To receive updates on The Village Plan / Chew Valley Neighbourhood Plan (CVNP) 

Council approved Clr Collins suggestions to B&NES that the Local Plan refresh should be adjusted to reflect climate emergency issues including reviewing public transport arrangements.

 

(b)

Planning Applications

Planning Application 20/01408/VAR                        

Planning Application 20/01818/FUL

PC will update councillors following discussion with MS

 

8.

To receive an update from the Police and Ward Councillor

 

a

Police 

A written report circulated ahead of the meeting reported no crimes in Ubley 1.3.20 – 31.5.20

Issues regarding speeding are emerging and there is action in hand across the valley.

 

b

Ward Councillor

Clr Pritchard commented on the huge impact that the lockdown is having on B&NES’s finances with loss of income from tourism and the university populations.

 

9.

To confirm the date of the next meeting :

 

 

 

Thursday 9th July 2020

at 7.30pm

  1. This meeting will be held on the second Thursday of the month.

This will probably be held as another virtual meeting.

To be confirmed by 2nd July.