Strict Standards: Declaration of JCacheControllerPage::store() should be compatible with JCacheController::store($data, $id, $group = NULL) in /websites/123reg/LinuxPackage22/ub/le/yp/ubleyparish.co.uk/public_html/joomla/libraries/joomla/cache/controller/page.php on line 199

Deprecated: iconv_set_encoding(): Use of iconv.internal_encoding is deprecated in /websites/123reg/LinuxPackage22/ub/le/yp/ubleyparish.co.uk/public_html/joomla/libraries/joomla/string/string.php on line 28

Deprecated: iconv_set_encoding(): Use of iconv.input_encoding is deprecated in /websites/123reg/LinuxPackage22/ub/le/yp/ubleyparish.co.uk/public_html/joomla/libraries/joomla/string/string.php on line 29

Deprecated: iconv_set_encoding(): Use of iconv.output_encoding is deprecated in /websites/123reg/LinuxPackage22/ub/le/yp/ubleyparish.co.uk/public_html/joomla/libraries/joomla/string/string.php on line 30
UPC Minutes 5th March 2020

Strict Standards: Declaration of JCacheControllerView::get() should be compatible with JCacheController::get($id, $group = NULL) in /websites/123reg/LinuxPackage22/ub/le/yp/ubleyparish.co.uk/public_html/joomla/libraries/joomla/cache/controller/view.php on line 137

UPC Minutes 5th March 2020

 

MINUTES OF THE MEETING OF UBLEY PARISH COUNCIL

held on Thursday 5th March 2020

 

 

 

ITEM

ACTION

Present

 

 

 

Councillors A.Cole, C. Moore, W.Hallam (Chairman), P.Collins (Vice Chair), Y.Thompson, M.Smart

Clerk – Corinna Levack

District Councillor – Vic Pritchard

 

1

To receive and accept apologies for absence

 

 

Apologies for absence :– Clr Croot

 

2

To receive declarations of interest in the agenda

 

 

None received

 

3

Open session to receive comments from the public

 

 

None present

 

4

To approve and sign the minutes of the previous meeting held on 96h February 2020 and go through the follow-up actions

 

 

These were duly approved and signed.

Actions indicated on the minutes are contained in the agenda and minutes for this meeting.

 

5

Clerk’s report/correspondence: To discuss and approve further actions where needed:

 

(a)

Local to Ubley

 

(i)

Staff Committee

Clr Smart reported he has been chosen to chair the committee.  Issues regarding the details of the Sweepers annual leave arrangements and contract will be brought to the April Council meeting for finalising.

Clr Smart

(ii)

Risk Assessment Schedule

Approved.  Due for review February 2021

 

(iii)

Asset Register

Approved.  Due for review May 2021

 

(iv)

Annual Parish Meeting

Arrangements for reports and publicising discussed.  Micaela Basford of the B&NES Sustainability Team has agreed to attend to speak on the pro’s and cons of declaring a Climate Emergency

 

(b)

General Correspondence

 

(i)

B&NES Resilience Day 19.3.20

No one able to attend

 

(ii)

Energy at Home Advice team surgery 25.3.20 at Midsomer Norton Library 10-4pm

 

(iii)

Community Companions – a new WRVS initiative is setting up locally

 

(iv)

Bath’s Clean Air Zone

Information has been distributed.  Terms appear to only affect commercial vehicles at present

 

(v)

Mendip Hills is presenting a talk on ash die back and tree planting 19.3.20

 

(vi)

Climate Emergency Action Day 18.4.20 and 20.4.20

Clr Croot or Moore

(vii)

Coronovirus – Covid 19

Council noted its awareness and agreed no local action required at present.

 

6

Finances

 

(a)

Financial Statement

Accepted

 

(b)

To confirm payments and the signing of cheques.

All agreed

 

(c)

Ward Councillors Empowerment Grant

£500 grant to Ubley Council has been agreed and Clr Pritchard was warmly thanked.  This grant should be spent by 31.3.21.  See 8b below

 

 

(d)

Parish Precept

This has been confirmed by B&NES and the first instalment will be paid in April

 

(e)

CiL Money

See 8b below

 

(f)

Information Commissioners Fee

Council agreed to set up a direct debit as that lowers the fee to £35

Clerk

(g)

Bank Account Signatories

Clr Collins and the Clerk have been approved as signatories.  The bank has apologised for the delay but continued to make mistakes.

 

7

Planning

 

(a)

To receive updates on The Village Plan / Chew Valley Neighbourhood Plan (CVNP) 

Clr Smart reported the CVNP is making progress in negotiating a mechanism with B&NES to allow a group of parish councils in the Chew Valley to work across parish boundaries to spend grants on projects of mutual benefit.

 

(b)

Planning Applications

Application Ref. No. 20/00725/FUL

No objections from the Council.

 

(c)

Parish Hall Storage

The Council are happy for a substantial freestanding store to be built on the existing base.  The Council requested that the Parish Hall management committee liaise with all stakeholders including the Parish Council regarding the size required.

Clr Moore

8

To receive an update on Highways issues, speed limits and signposts etc.

 

(a)

Drainage

Apart from two blocked drains which were repaired just before the meeting, all drains in the village are working well.  Clr Hallam has thanked the B&NES officers responsible.

 

(b) 

Glebe Field Access

Council discussed outline proposals put forward by Clr Hallam for a more pedestrian friendly gate and a more accessible surface to take visitors into the field.  There will be further consultation on the type of surface to make it buggy and wheelchair friendly as well as useable by heavy vehicles.

The Council agreed to drop the idea of creating a pavement outside the Parish Hall carpark as not feasible.

Clr Hallam

(c)

External Lighting outside Ubley Primary School

Clr Croot has written on behalf of the Council broadly supportive of the plan and recommending non-intrusive low level down lighting.

 

(d)

Dog Poo

No concerns regarding fouling on the nearby fields or roads at the West end of the village have been reported to the Clerk.

It was felt local dog walkers should be consulted.

 

 

 

 

Clr Hallam

(e)

Speed Limits

Council agreed to write to the Chief Executive of B&NES regarding the serial non response to councillors’ attempts to get the relevant department to enact the speed limits agreed in April 2019.

Clr Pritchard will also take up this issue

Clr Hallam

Clr Pritchard

9.

To receive an update from the Police and Neighbourhood Watch and External Meetings

 

a

Police  No report received

 

b

Neighbourhood Watch reports did not include issues in Ubley.

 

c

Chew Valley Forum

Attended by Cls Croot and Moore.

Two issues that will be followed up included a new strategy on waste and litter, solar panel opportunities for the Parish Hall which could benefit the village;

and climate change challenges

 

 

 

Clr Moore

 

Clr Croot

d

Western Power Distribution workshop

The Clerk reported on the notably inclusive planning by the company.  A follow up meeting is planned for the autumn.

 

10

To receive an update from the Ward Councillor

 

 

Clr Pritchard reported on the B&NES budget and the local and national response to the Corona virus situation and its context in the range of other health challenges.  There was concensus on the importance of following Public Health advice.

 

11

Grounds and Facilities

 

(a)

The Glebe Field Lease

There was no update and the matter is not urgent as renewal is not due until 2023.  Liaison to be made regarding the proposed improvements to the access to the field (See item 8b above)

 

(b)

Additional storage at the Parish Hall

(see 7c above)

 

(c)

Diseased Tree near the Parish Hall

Councillors will review this when the weather improves.

Clrs Cole and Hallam

(d)

The Phone Box

It has been confirmed that it is covered by the Council’s insurance.

 

(e)

Amenity Lawn (behind the Parish Hall)

Council approved the location of small wild life area on the sunny side of the area.

 

12

Climate Change

 

 

It was agreed to defer this topic due to Clr Croot’s unavoidable absence.

Related activities – see 5b(i) and (iv)

 

 

13

To confirm the dates of the next meetings :

 

 

Thursday 2nd April 2020

at 7.00pm

at Ubley Parish Hall

 

 

The Annual Parish Meeting

will take place on

THURSDAY 2ND APRIL

at 8pm

 

 

The Annual Parish Council Meeting

(for the election of officers etc)

will take place on

THURSDAY 7th May

 

 

Ubley Parish Council

 

Financial Statement as at 5th March 2020

__________________________________________________________________

 

 

1)      Current A/C Balance.

B/f from 28th February 2020

£    6299.46    

                Less payments to be agreed at Parish Council meeting  on  5.3.20 :    

                                                                                                                                                £     854.15 

                        

                Less unpresented cheques                                                                        £        48.00    

                                                                                                                            -------------

                                                                                                Total out                              £    902.15             

C/acc  balance   £    5397.31          

               

2)      Reserve A/C Opening Balance 31.1.20 :                                                £   8058.73 

 

Interest                                                                             1.24                       

Balance at 28.2.20                                           £    8059.97               

                                                                                                                                        -----------

Total present available funds                                                                   £ 13 457.28

 

 

 

***

 

 

 

Income due before April but not cleared for the February NatWest Bank statement :

  • Ward Councillors’ Empowerment Fund  £     500.00           
  • Compensation from Nat West Bank                 100.00  

 

 

 

 

Details of the cheques:  

 

Unpresented cheques as of 28.2.20 :

 

 

Date

Cheque Number

Signatories

Amount

Description

9.1.20

001427

CM   MS

48.00

Room hire – Parish Hall Oct- Dec

5/3 Emailed UPH to remind them about this cheque

 

Cheque payments agreed at Parish Council Meeting 5.3.20:                                                    

Date

Cheque number

Amount

£

Description

Signed

Spend to date

( inc these payments) vs budget

5.3.20

1440

262.80

Sweepers Salary

PMC

CM

Probably slightly under budget but difficult to tell as the budget has a gross amount and this figure is net.

5.3.20

1441

35.37

K.Jones for Sweeper’s equipment

PMC

CM

Work boots and gloves.  *No budget for this 2019-20.  £100 allowed for 2020-21

5.3.20

1442

333.62

Clerk’s salary

PMC

CM

Tax refund has raised this.  PAYE will reduce slightly.

5.3.20

1444

10.10

C. Levack – Office expenses

PMC

CM

New bank statement folder, file dividers, printer cable

5.3.20

1444

14.27

C.Levack for sweeper’s equipment

PMC

CM

Gloves, high vis jacket  *

5.3.20

1447

34.99

Clr Collins for Norton Antivirus

CM

AMC

Annual renewal

5.3.20

1445

75.00

J. Wood, Gosswood Lodge

PMC

CM

Christmas Tree.  This takes the budget about £120 over but some of the expenses were one off.

5.3.20

1446

48.00

Parish Hall (c/o Lakeside, Frog Lane, Ubley)

PMC

CM

Room Hire, Parish Hall (Jan-Mar 2020 inc.)

5.3.20

Direct Debit

35.00

Information Commissioners Office

CM WH

New item

TOTAL

 

849.15

 

 

 

 

Prepared by Corinna Levack, Clerk and RFO, on 5th March 2020

and amended following Council decisions.