Strict Standards: Declaration of JCacheControllerPage::store() should be compatible with JCacheController::store($data, $id, $group = NULL) in /websites/123reg/LinuxPackage22/ub/le/yp/ubleyparish.co.uk/public_html/joomla/libraries/joomla/cache/controller/page.php on line 199

Deprecated: iconv_set_encoding(): Use of iconv.internal_encoding is deprecated in /websites/123reg/LinuxPackage22/ub/le/yp/ubleyparish.co.uk/public_html/joomla/libraries/joomla/string/string.php on line 28

Deprecated: iconv_set_encoding(): Use of iconv.input_encoding is deprecated in /websites/123reg/LinuxPackage22/ub/le/yp/ubleyparish.co.uk/public_html/joomla/libraries/joomla/string/string.php on line 29

Deprecated: iconv_set_encoding(): Use of iconv.output_encoding is deprecated in /websites/123reg/LinuxPackage22/ub/le/yp/ubleyparish.co.uk/public_html/joomla/libraries/joomla/string/string.php on line 30
UPC Minutes 6th February 2020

Strict Standards: Declaration of JCacheControllerView::get() should be compatible with JCacheController::get($id, $group = NULL) in /websites/123reg/LinuxPackage22/ub/le/yp/ubleyparish.co.uk/public_html/joomla/libraries/joomla/cache/controller/view.php on line 137

UPC Minutes 6th February 2020

 

MINUTES OF THE MEETING OF UBLEY PARISH COUNCIL

held on Thursday 6th February 2020

 

 

 

ITEM

ACTION

Present

 

 

 

Councillors Hallam (Charirman), Collins (Vice Chairman), Cole, Thompson, Croot, and Smart.

Clerk – Corinna Levack

District Councillor – Vic Pritchard

 

1

To receive and accept apologies for absence

 

 

Apologies for absence :–

Clr Moore

 

2

To receive declarations of interest in the agenda

 

 

None were received

 

3

Open session to receive comments from the public

 

 

No members of the public were present.

 

4

To approve and sign the minutes of the previous meeting held on 9th January 2020 and go through the follow-up actions

 

 

These were duly approved and signed.

Actions indicated on the minutes are contained in the agenda and minutes for this meeting.

 

5

Clerk’s report/correspondence: To discuss and approve further actions where needed:

 

(i)

Establishing a Personnel Committee  

The Committee will meet at 7.30pm on Thursday 20th February.

Clrs Smart, Collins and Hallam

Clerk

(ii)

Risk Register

Clr Thompson was thanked for the adapted Risk Assessment Schedule she had produced.  Not everyone had had time to reflect on it so all to read and discuss for a decision at the next meeting.

Councillors and Clerk

(iii)

Asset Register

Compilation is proceeding well.  Final data will be submitted before the next meeting to be in place in time for the Annual Meeting and insurance renewal.

 

Clrs Hallam and Smart

(iv)

Climate Emergency activities

Agreed to invite a B&NES officer to speak at the Annual Parish meeting to explain the benefits of declaring a climate emergency and outlining possible ways forward in a rural village.

Approved Clr Croot to take a lead role in the Council on this topic.

 

 

Clerk

 

 

 

 

Clr Croot

(v)

Records Retention Policy

This policy was duly approved and adopted by the Council

 

6

Finances

 

(a)

Financial Statement

This was approved with a request that the Clerk re-label one item .

 

(b)

To confirm payments and the signing of cheques.

All agreed

 

(c)

CIL Money

Confirmed there is £13 000 s.106 funds held by the Highways department for Ubley

There is £836 CIL money held by the Parish Council to be spent by 31.3.21

The council will explore using these funds in conjunction with B&NES to create a pavement outside the Parish Hall to protect pedestrians at a sharp corner in the road; and to improve the gateway (gates and surface) to the Glebe Field

It was agreed that the works to the phone box should be set against the remaining CEF fund.

 

 

 

 

 

Clr Hallam will obtain some figures

(d)

B&NES Budget Update

No one was able to attend the B&NES meetings

 

(e)

Bank Account signatories

The bank has asked that a third form be completed.  The Clerk is writing to complain about the delay in effecting the change in signatories. 

The Council resolved that the name of Dr Philip Collins should be added as a signatory to the Ubley Parish Council’s NatWest bank accounts.  The remaining Signatories : Mr W. Hallam, Mrs Y. Thompson, Mr A. Cole, Mr C.Moore, and Mr M.Smart should remain as signatories.  The Council would like the monthly bank statement to be sent to the address of the new Clerk, Ms SCG Levack

 

7

Planning

 

(a)

To receive updates on The Village Plan / Chew Valley Neighbourhood Plan (CVNP) 

There has been no progress on the CVNP and concern was expressed at the prospect of losing all the work that had been done on this topic.      

 

(b)

Community Transport Proposal

The discussion document will be circulated to to the seven parishes in the CVNP

 

Clr Collins

(c)

Planning Applications

None this month.

The Chair of the B&NES Planning Committee visited the village last month by invitation of the Council and was shown around the whole village and in particular Squire Lane with reference to the recent planning applications and decisions.  It is hoped that there will be an improved awareness on the committee and planning department of the qualities and issues in the village.

 

(d)

Parish Council Airports Association

The PCAA is growing and has been organising opposition to expansion prior to an important North Somerset Council meeting shortly.

 

(e)

Feedback from the ALCA Meeting

Councillors had been circulated with updates on :

  • The Parish Charter
  • Reorganisation in the Roadworks dept of B&NES
  • Climate Emergency activities
  • Street Lighting issues
  • The new Planning Portal
  • Agenda items requested for the Parish Liaison meeting

Details available from the Clerk

(f)

Parish Hall Storage

The Council will ask Clr Moore to feedback to the Parish Hall that the Council would be in favour of creating additional storage in principle but would expect to be included in the planning and decision making.

Clr Moore

8

To receive an update on Highways issues, speed limits and signposts etc.

 

(a)

Drainage

All currently working well.  The unsettled weather shortly will test the recent repairs.  Councillors were pleased with the responsiveness of the B&NES officers they have been working with over this issue.

 

 

(b) 

Christmas Tree

Payments mostly in hand; awaiting invoice for the tree itself.

 

(c)

External Lighting at Ubley School

The school is keen to improve lighting at the gate entrance following a recent incident involving a child after dark.  The Council were broadly supportive of making the access safer and would like to be included on the decision making about the exact choice of low level non intrusive lighting.

 

 

Clr Croot

(d)

Dog Poo

The Council continue to monitor the need for an appropriate bin at the Western end of The Street. 

 

 

(e)

Hazards at Wells Road / A368 crossroads.

This was an emergency agenda item as a result of two Councillors on separate recent occasions having very near misses at this junction due to other vehicles not stopping when crossing the A368.

The Council supported the request that B&NES to renew the now very faded white lines at the junction and to request that B&NES install warning give way signs at a distance before the junction as well as at the junction.

Clr Hallam

9.

To receive an update from the Police and Neighbourhood Watch

 

 

No report from the police

No report from Neighbourhood Watch

 

10

To receive an update from the District Councillor

 

 

Clr Pritchard gave updates on :

  • The B&NES budget
  • The Joint Spatial Plan
  •  District Councillors discretionary budget
  • How he may be able to advise and assist on responding to planning applications

The Council resolved to obtain quotes for the costs of

  • Re-painting the finger post and phone box (latter by Councillors work party)
  • Improving access to the Glebe Field

With a view to accessing funds from the discretionary budget.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Clr Hallam

11

Grounds and Facilities

 

(a)

The Glebe Field Lease

No update on the lease and the H&S assessment not yet complete.

 

Clr Smart

(b)

Diseased Tree near the Parish Hall

Councillors are assessing the safest way to proceed.

 

Cllrs Hallam and Cole

(c)

Burial Ground Tidy up

Councillors will support this activity.

 

(d)

Play Area and 8th May Celebrations

The Play Area Group are working hard on fundraising and planning to manage the development in two phases.  The Council resolved to support them running a fundraising street event in the village on 8th May.

 

 

The Phone box and storage at the Hall were covered in 6(c) and 8(b) above respectively

 

 

15

To confirm the date of the next meeting :

 

 

 

Thursday 5th March 2020

at 7.30pm

at Ubley Parish Hall

 

 

 

 

And to give advance notice of :

 

 

 

 

The Annual Parish Meeting

will take place on

THURSDAY 2ND APRIL

at 8pm

preceded by a short

Parish Council Meeting

at 7pm

 

 

 

 

The Annual Parish Council Meeting

(for the election of officers etc)

will take place on

THURSDAY 7th May

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Financial Statement over ….

 

Ubley Parish Council

Financial Statement as at 6th February 2020

__________________________________________________________________

 

1)    Current A/C Balance.

B/f from JANUARY  (24.1.20):                                             £    6979.89

            Less payments to be agreed at Parish Council meeting (6.2.20)    

                                                                                                            £     680.43 

                        

            Less unpresented cheques                                                    -£      48.00     

                                                                                                 -------------

                                                                        Sub Total                    £   6251.46   

            + Income Received :   Ubley Primary School         

                                                            Glebe Field rent                      £     £225.00

                                                                        C/acc  balance           £    6476.46 

 

2)    Reserve A/C Opening Balance 31.12.19 :                           £   8 057.36

Interest                                                            1.37

Balance at 24.1.20                                   8 058.73

                                                                                                        -----------

Total present available funds balance                                   £ 14 535.19

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Cont’d over …..

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Details of the cheques:  

 

Unpresented cheques as of 24.1.20 :

 

 

Date

Cheque Number

Signatories

Amount

Description

9.1.20

001427

CM   MS

48.00

Room hire – Parish Hall    Oct- Dec

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Cheque payments to be agreed at Parish Council Meeting 6.2.20:                                                   

Date

Cheque number

Amount

Description

Spend to date

( inc these payments) vs budget

6.2.20

001432

210.12

Ken Jones

Sweeper salary

£2510 net – On track

6.2.20

1434

233.82

Corinna Levack

Clerk’s salary

£2816 net – on track

6.2.20

1436

20.00

WH - for Leaving present for former Clerk

Allocated to seasonal plant budget stream * see below

6.2.20

1435

44.50

WH – hardware for improvements to electricity supply for Christmas Tree

*Heading for £78 overspend once Xmas tree invoice has arrived.  No funds remaining of sum allocated for Spring planting before April

6.2.20

1437

60.00

Garie TOGHILL

Electrical supply for Christmas Tree

*

6.2.20

1438

52.50

DM Payroll Services – ½ year payment

On track

6.2.20

001439

59.49

CL for Office expenses (office)

-       Notebooks

-       RecDel charge

-       Printer ink

# All office expenses at £197.48 – no funding stream had been allocated.  Large expense was £108 for job advert.  £150 allowed for next year

TOTAL

 

680.43

 

Awaiting :

-Christmas tree invoice

-Norton Virus protection sub

    

Prepared by Corinna Levack, Clerk and RFO, on 6th February 2020