Strict Standards: Declaration of JCacheControllerPage::store() should be compatible with JCacheController::store($data, $id, $group = NULL) in /websites/123reg/LinuxPackage22/ub/le/yp/ubleyparish.co.uk/public_html/joomla/libraries/joomla/cache/controller/page.php on line 199

Deprecated: iconv_set_encoding(): Use of iconv.internal_encoding is deprecated in /websites/123reg/LinuxPackage22/ub/le/yp/ubleyparish.co.uk/public_html/joomla/libraries/joomla/string/string.php on line 28

Deprecated: iconv_set_encoding(): Use of iconv.input_encoding is deprecated in /websites/123reg/LinuxPackage22/ub/le/yp/ubleyparish.co.uk/public_html/joomla/libraries/joomla/string/string.php on line 29

Deprecated: iconv_set_encoding(): Use of iconv.output_encoding is deprecated in /websites/123reg/LinuxPackage22/ub/le/yp/ubleyparish.co.uk/public_html/joomla/libraries/joomla/string/string.php on line 30
UPC Minutes 7th November 2019

Strict Standards: Declaration of JCacheControllerView::get() should be compatible with JCacheController::get($id, $group = NULL) in /websites/123reg/LinuxPackage22/ub/le/yp/ubleyparish.co.uk/public_html/joomla/libraries/joomla/cache/controller/view.php on line 137

UPC Minutes 7th November 2019

 Minutes of the Meeting of Ubley Parish Council on 7th November 2019

 

 

Present: Councillors: Hallam (Chairman), Collins (Vice-Chairman), Cole, Croot, Moore, Smart.

 

Clerk: Ms Corinna Levack

District Councillor: Vic Pritchard

Former Clerk, Hilary Collins

 

  1. 1.    To receive and accept apologies for absence

Apologies were received and accepted from :

Councillor Thompson

Beat Manager J. Beswetherick

 

 

  1. 2.    To receive declarations of interest in the agenda

None declared.

 

 

  1. 3.    Open session to receive comments from the public

No Parishioners were present at the meeting, other than the former Clerk..

 

 

 

  1. 4.    To approve and sign the minutes of the previous meetings held on 5th September.

These were duly approved and signed.

The actions were confirmed :

5.a.ii and iii  The council’s decision to not support permitted development to do with the width and height of masts has been submitted.

5.b.ii    All Ubley Parish Councillors now have standard Parish Council email addresses.

 

 

 

5.b.vi   Cllr Hallam reported the clean up had not gone ahead but there is work to do to clear the stream and litter near the saw mills.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

All Councillors with new standard addresses to email colleagues from the new addresses

 

Cllr Hallam will set a further date

  1. 5.    Clerk’s report/correspondence: To discuss and approve further actions where needed:

a)    Consultations and general information

(i)            VE Day 75 Celebrations.   

 

 

 

(ii)          CPRE Starry Skies Project   Introductory talk by Chris Sperring and Bob Mizon at the Bath Royal Literary and Scientific Institution (BRLSI), 16-18 Queen Square, Bath BA1 2HN on 14th November 2019 at 7pm

 

 

b)    Parish Council Specific

i)             Increase in Payroll Services cost.  The Council accepted the proposed increase as the first in a considerable time and resolved to review the contract before the end of the financial year

 

ii)            Dark Nights and dog poo   It was agreed that an additional bin might be useful near the Parish Hall end of The Street.

 

iii)           Mileage allowance for the Clerk.         It was agreed to pay this at the standard cost

 

iv)           Personnel group for management of the new Clerk agreed.  Councillors Collins and Smart volunteered to undertake this role.

 

v)            Ratify the payment of training costs for the Clerk. CiLCA I  and 2    - £40 each + travel costs – 39 miles round trip (£17.55).  Payment unanimously agreed.

 

vi)           Campaign to reduce “idling” of motor vehicles outside schools.  This aims to address the impact of pollution from vehicle engines outside school gates when children and parents are coming and going.

 

 

vii)          Risk Register update required before April 2020

 

 

 

 

viii)        The Clerk received a notice shortly before the     meeting of Council to announce that

The Street will be closed from 2nd December for up to 7 days from The Bell Inn to Yew Tree Cottage to facilitate gas works.

 

 

 

 

The Chairman has raised this with the Parochial Church Council and will follow up.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

The Clerk to make enquiries regarding availability and cost of an additional bin

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Cllr Croot will raise this with the school PTA and forward the email to the School

 

The Clerk to contact Cllr Thompson for an update

 

 

Cllr Collins will post the notice on the Parish Council website

 

 

  1. 6.    To receive an update on Highways issues, speed limits and signposts

 

  1. a.    Update on speed limits through the village

No update has been available

 

 

  1. b.    Update on footpaths

Cllr Cole reported that the hedge on Back Lane has now been cut and he will clarify with the landowner that the bank will also have to be maintained

 

 

  1. Parking at the top of The Street

Cllr Croot has been looking into the narrowing of the     thoroughfare here caused by parked cars which makes access difficult for large vehicles such as coaches travelling to the school.  The cars are usually those of residents and their visitors as well as those staying at the former Methodist Church.  Advice has been given to householders and the Council agreed unanimously that it was reasonable for householders to put up polite notices encouraging people not to park at narrow points .

 

 

 

 

 

Cllr Collins will continue to press for an update

 

Cllr Cole

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

  1. 7.      To receive an update from the Police Report/Neighbourhood Watch

No reports from the Police or Neighbourhood Watch.

The complaint about loud and late agricultural activity turned out to be regarding reasonable harvest work which once explained was no longer an issue.

 

 

 

 

 

  1. 8.         To receive an update from District Councillor Vic Pritchard

Gigaclear – Cllr Pritchard confirmed that the company have lost the government subsidy but are aiming to complete works they have started.  It is possible that more remote locations may not now be connected.

 

Empowerment Fund – Ward councillors each now have a pot of £2000 each to make grants within their wards for amounts of minimum £200

 

Cllr Pritchard accompanied the new Bath & NE Somerset Chief Executive on a tour of the Chew Valley.

 

 

  1. 9.      Finances

a) Financial statement

The Financial Statement was shared with the Parish Council.

 

 

b) To confirm payments and signing of cheques

The payments recorded in the Financial Statement were agreed by all Councillors except for the invoice submitted for groundswork.  The other cheques were duly signed after the meeting.

The Council agreed that the new Clerk should set about arranging for the change in signatories to the Council bank account

 

 

 

 

 

 

The Chaiman will liaise with the WCG regarding some anomalies in the invoice.

 

Clerk to contact the Council’s bank to update them

 

  1. 10.   Defibrillator: To receive an update

Councillor Moore has arranged for the supply to and the lighting for the defibrillator cabinet to be rectified and all is now working properly.  The switch and thermostat are also now working properly and the electrician was generous to the Council in his charge.  Cllr Moore will claim for the cost of replacing a fitting as advised by the electrician.

The regular guardian checks are all up to date and submitted to Heartsafe on-line as usual.  Cllr Moore was thanked for his work in sorting out the cabinet

 

 

 

 

11. Planning

a)    To receive updates on The Village Plan/Place-making Plan/CVNP

Cllr Collins volunteered to draft a paper outlining what similar communities have done in North Somerset in developing Community Transport Schemes and how that might be applied in the Chew Valley.  It was also recommended that this idea be raised at the Chew Valley Forum

 

 

b)   Other planning:   

i )To discuss application  19/04525/FUL - Meadowbank

The Parish Council agreed unanimously to support the application

                         ii)  To discuss Application19/04579/FUL –

                              5, Squire Lane  

The Parish Council agreed unanimously to support the application but is aware that there is a request for an extension to consider amalgamating both the original and resubmitted applications.

 

       c)  To receive an update on the Play Area including progress on the Lease of the Glebe Field

Councillor Moore has now written to the insurance company regarding the Glebe field and will report on the reply once received.  The former Clerk reported the advice that the field should be recorded as an asset at a nil value

An informal tender process is underway to find a suitable supplier for the Play Equipment.  The prices are broadly similar but the content varied.  There is consultation underway with a specialist playground planner to advise on the best value proposal.  The lottery has started well and fundraising continues.

 

Cllr Smart will liaise with the Diocese Office regarding the lease.

 

 

 

 

 

 

d) To receive an update on the PCAA

The Council have received an expression of interest from a member of the public regarding the Councils’ negotiations regarding the airport expansion plans.

 

 

Cllr Collins

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Cllr Collins

 

 

 

 

 

 

Cllr Collins

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Cllr Smart

 

 

 

 

 

 

Cllr Collins will invite the parishioner join the PCAA group.

12. Grounds Maintenance

The Chairman will discuss the anomalies in the recent invoice with the groundwork company.

Cllr Smart will make enquiries regarding other contractors.

The Parish Council will review the grounds maintenance contracts before April.

 

 

Cllr Hallam

 

Cllr Smart

 

 

 

13. Truespeed – to receive an update

Works have started on re-siting the cabinet on Innicks Close.  A difficult negotiation has been undertaken with all parties’ views being respected and the best solution available going forward.  It is hoped that once a fence is erected sympathetic shrub planting will be arranged.  Cllr Collins was thanked for his input.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

14. To receive an update on the Parish Hall

Cllr Moore will attend the meeting next week.

Negotiations continue with the landlords of Walnut Tree Close who are looking into how their tree surgeon may be able to assist.  The Council were happy for Cllr Moore to continue his negotiations

 

 

Cllr Moore

 

 

15.  To receive reports from Councillors who have attended meetings or training sessions.

 

a)    B&NES Draft Care and Support Consultation was attended by Cllr Moore.

The consultation was around how Bath and NE Somerset Council will ask people to pay towards adult social care costs.  The proposals were most pertinent to people using or about to use adult care services or groups using them.  The Council agreed that the review did not seem to be one that the Parish Council should respond to formally.

 

b)    The Parish Liaison Meeting was attended by the Clerk

 Highways – There are plans to organise a presentation for parish clerks on how the IT has been improved to give better feedback when issues are raised and action taken

Winter gritting There is a new fleet of lorries for winter gritting; the Council is reviewing the grit bins currently; 

-Councillors have raised with Bristol the issues arising from the diesel free proposal for access to the motorways for communities South and South East of Bristol

-Climate Emergency – there will be presentations in February & March on what communities can do

 

 

 

 

 

 

16. Dates of next meetings

 

The next meetings will be on

Thursdays 5th December and 9th January 2020.

Start time - 7.30pm.

 

Chairman: Wesley Hallam  Tel: 01761 463509

Clerk: Corinna Levack         Tel. 01761 220050

Email: This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.